If you have been eyeing Greece for your next vacation and you think you know enough about the country, hold up! Besides being one of the most beautiful citizens in Europe and boasting straight-up gorgeous locations, there is more to it with some facts about Greece will definitely blow your mind for good. And proceed with making your initial Southwest Airlines Reservations to uncover the cheapest flight fares.
Make the best use of Southwest Airlines Deals and find plenty of ways to enjoy low fares and special discounts to your favorite city today. Below is a list of everything you need to know about Greece:
- Western culture began from Greece- democracy, western philosophy, political science, real science, mathematics, and written history.
- Philosophy developed in Greece by the likes of Pythagoras, Aristotle, Plato, and Socrates. However, it began around the 6th Century BC by the Pre-Socratics.
- Greece brags about witnessing all of the three stone ages- Paleolithic, Mesolithic, and the Neolithic age.
- Every Greek male above the age of 18 is to serve the national military for at least nine months.
- Approximately 98% of Greece’s population is of original Greek ethnicity.
- As an idea to have every citizen employed, the world-famous Acropolis was constructed in 525 BC with pay, which is pretty amazing on the part of Franklin D. Roosevelt.
- Many words of the English language are an influence from Greek Suffixes.
- Greece boasts thousands of beaches and countless islands and is famed for having the 11th longest coastline in the world.
- Besides beaches and islands, Greece is also home to endless mountains, with 80% of the country as mountainous or hilly.
- The Olympics were first held to tribute the 12 Olympian gods of Ancient Greek- Zeus, Poseidon, Aphrodite, Hermes, and the others who lived on Mount Olympus.
- The number of tourists that visits the country each year exceeds the entire country’s actual population.
Find the latest and lowest travel deals on Southwest Airlines Flights and savor outstanding inflight entertainment, as well as excellent inflight dining.